Social media marketing is the creation of content that promotes your midsize business’ services or products across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Midsize brands utilize social media to connect with their audience and increase brand awareness.
With more than half the world’s population now plugged into social channels, any midsize business can cultivate an audience if they have a passion for content and practice relentless consistency.
Social media is not one-size-fits-all. Research where your clients are active and follow them - then excite them. The brands that are most successful have their eye on the latest trends, while also posting unique and compelling content that communicates a clear story about their brand. Popping into a user’s feed with content that stops that mindless social media scroll is key to enticing engagement.
If your midsize business is searching for a partner to transform their social media strategy into a lead-driving machine, schedule a 1-on-1 free consultation with Fratzke today.
In order to meet your customers where they are, it’s essential to discover what social media platforms they spend the most time on. Let’s take a look at the five most-used social media platforms according to Sprout Social:
• Monthly Active Users: 2.7B
• Gender: 56% male and 44% female
• Largest Age Group: 25 to 34-years-old (26.3%)
• Time Spent Per Day: 38 minutes on average
• Monthly Active Users: 2B
• Gender: 72% of male and female Internet users
• Largest Age Group: 15 to 35-years-old (77%)
• Time Spent Per Day: 41.9 minutes on average
• Monthly Active Users: 1B
• Gender: 57% male and 43% female
• Largest Age Group: 25 to 34-years-old (33.1%)
•Time Spent Per Day: 29 minutes on average
• Monthly Active Users: 187M
• Gender: 68% male and 32% female
• Largest Age Group: 30 to 49-years-old (44%)
• Time Spent Per Session: 3.53 minutes on average
• Total Active Users: 738M
• Gender: 51% male and 59% female
• Largest Age Group: 46 to 55-years-old (40%)
• Access Frequency: 63% of users access the network monthly
The strategy behind your social media initiatives should align with your business objectives. Your goals should be succinct, realistic, and measurable. Some of the most important social media goals are:
• Driving Traffic to Your Website - Monitor CTRs and website traffic
• Increasing Brand Awareness - Track followers and shares
• Growing Your Audience - Watch follower counts and sentiment
• Boosting Engagement - Keep an eye on @ mentions, comments, and likes
• Generating Leads & Sales - Note website clicks/paths and email sign-ups
Tracking and measuring social media key performance indicators (KPIs) is paramount in understanding whether your strategy and tactics are working. In order to illustrate the full story of how your social media marketing is impacting the overall business, be sure to track the following:
• Reach: Unique users who saw a post
• Clicks: Clicks your content or account received
• Engagement: Social interactions divided by number of impressions
• New Followers: The number of new subscribers received after a given post
• Likes: An engagement that shows how many people reacted positively toward a post
• Comments: An engagement where visitors and followers can share their thoughts on a post
• Website CTR: The amount of traffic your website received from a given social post
Looking for a digital marketing partner to elevate your midsize business strategy?
In this article, we discuss why investing in custom web design and development can help increase demand and brand awareness for your company.
Learn how to develop an effective executive communications strategy that drives brand growth, thought leadership and a positive reputation.